Sunday, June 29, 2008

Brace yourself - inflation is coming

Hi,

Today, I've woke up that inflation is creeping up since the petrol price increase on 6th June. When buying my chee cheong fun breakfast , I realized that it's costing 3.70 for 3 piece of cheong fun and 2 side variety. Wow ! I used to eat at 50 cents a piece but 70 cents a piece ? Come on, next time, no people will afford to eat breakfast. Else what we all heard, makan roti lor.... (literally meant that we only afford to eat bread here as a culture of not enough money/frugal) The 2nd shock of my life was at the Boh Loong coffee shop to take away for my Teh-C (A concoction of tea + evaporated milk). Price had increased 10 cents to RM 1.60 ! When asked the owner of the coffee shop, he said price of the milk can had increased and he already foresee that his increased will be lower than market rate by 10 cents ! Talk about prediction !

Now that in the coming months our electricity bill will be up as well. I foresee lot more shop out there will increase their price to cover their operations. Why can't those shop think about innovation and alternative solution in rendering out the product/service ? I truly disappointed in this. Looking for easy way out instead of thinking through is becoming everybody's thought. I wonder when will salaried employee have their turn in increasing in salary.... Do you think our Deputy Prime Minister commented that we should change our lifestyle is just another no "walk the talk" principle...

No comments: